Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Bless Your Soles



The season of flip flops has past, and the search for closed toe shoes has begun. Kynlee’s not so lean foot, high instep, and tall top add up to one beautiful shoe description, wide. Not just wide, but extra wide, and if we can find extra extra wide, even better. Reality hit a few years ago on Easter Sunday as I got Kynlee ready in her new outfit. I felt like I was cramming Drizella’s foot into Cinderella’s glass slipper. After her grandma found out she was running around barefoot at church due to pain, she told me, “Go buy that poor child some shoes that fit, whatever the cost!” With those words ringing in my ears, I have broken down, moved beyond my ten dollar limit, searched for clearance, couponed, you name it. This year, I found Stride Rite having a buy one get the second pair half off. Only $75 for two pair…whimper. Couldn’t do it Mom! Kynlee’s adorable feet are squeezing into Payless.


Kynlee's first trip on the bus, she has a neighborhood friend at least.


Looking a little nervous, so was I!

2 comments:

Katherine said...

Oh, just buy her the good ones!!! Spend the money!!

Anna said...

Here's what I do at Stride Rite. I walk in, ask them to show me everything in Grant's size that is on sale and then go from there. I promise you'll find something.