Wednesday, August 1, 2012

First Day

The kids asked for school uniforms. They found out their cousin had them and got really excited about the idea. I hadn't thought of uniforms, but it didn't take much for me to go for it. I love kids in uniforms! Plus I thought it might add a formality to the day so it wouldn't feel like they were just hanging out at home. Kynlee's been reading a lot of Harry Potter lately and really wanted a tie as well, just like Hermione.

It was a little weird of a day, like we were playing school, but I think this is going to work.

I did not have the kids pose for these next photos, this is how they seriously looked and it was so cute that I had to snap a couple of pictures.

I toured a half a dozen private schools last year and picked up on things I liked. Doing that, reading several books, and spending hours picking out the curriculum is really helping me. I had an anxious feeling all of yesterday, but I think it might just work.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

They are so adorable and very studious. You are very brave, but what an awesome adventure! Good luck!

Angie said...

Love the uniforms!! Good luck on the homeschooling. I'm sure you'll do an awesome job!!