Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Welcome Home




Michael took his oral board certification test last Wednesday in Louisville. Every Radiologist resident in their final year took it that week. He took the written portion in the Fall- which felt like a lot of study time, it was nothing compared to the hours he put in for orals.

Kynlee made a sign and prepared a little treat table for him all on her own by the front door while I was nearly napping upstairs. True to his word, we haven't seen him since Christmas break. No exaggeration, the only day of the week we spent with him was Sunday. Every Monday morning I just had to suck it up and know that I was a single parent for the next six days. I think I would make a terrible single parent. We've all missed him.

Wednesday night he came home looking tired and thin, like he had spent nearly half a year in a dark room on nothing but Radiology- oh wait, he had. We couldn't really party until we knew if he passed.

BUT, Friday afternoon he got the good news. Whew, I guess it was worth it. Now he's mowing the lawn, going on bike rides, and spending time with the family again- thank goodness!

No comments: