Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Rock Climb Camp

As expected, I have not gone out to do a lot of summer activities with the kids since baby arrival. In an effort to keep Kynlee from being too bored- because she shows signs of going crazy indoors the most- I signed her up for rock climbing camp. We had her in the same camp two years ago and she loved it then as much as she loves it now. It suites her natural strength, her inner desire to climb, and her fearlessness. It lasts a week for five hours a day. I had to be presentable by nine every morning with all the kids. I wonder if anyone noticed I had the same outfit on 3 of the 5 days (I'm in the stage of not fitting in to much).

The last day we all went in so I could take a few shots. For her first climb for me she tackled the hardest wall- the arch.


I was impressed when I saw how far she got on it, and how when she reached for the next notch, she slipped, but held on and swung her legs back so she could reach the big orange notch before falling. I've climbed this arch before with Michael- Kynlee got farther on it then us. I've got to get out there and beat her!



For her next climb, she wanted to show me how it's fun to climb blindfolded.





The owner of the place just had a baby the day before Maeleya, his third and the oldest is three! We bonded a little. He let Easton and Ander do a climb at the end.


Easton by nature is a bit timid and cautious, but I think having a sibling- and now two siblings- that are fearless pushes him to do things he might have not done had he been an only child.


Did you know they have full body harnesses so your two-year-old can climb? Ander loves it, I think he'd do it all day if he could.





After seeing all this, I got thinking that Kynlee may end up in an extreme sport unless I intervene. Another favorite sport of hers is swimming- nice, smooth, safe lap swimming. I think we'll start steering her that way.

No comments: