Sunday, August 7, 2011

The Help


Her name is officially Maeleya Ona. I had to keep saying it out loud for a while to get it right. May-lee-uh, Mae comes from my side, Ona comes from Michael's. Whenever I tell someone her name I feel like I should start singing Mele Kalikimaka.

Thanks for all the congratulations. Whew, we made it through a month. It seems when you have a newborn that's all you worry about- but then there's a whole house full of other things to worry about. Fortunately, Michael took a week off work and took over the older three kids. After he went back in, Michael's dad came. Can I just say how impressed I am that a father-in-law would even think to come and help with kids without a wife? He worked hard entertaining so I could focus on Maeleya. He did music with them and played card games- his two favorite things.


On Sunday, my parents also made it into town and we blessed her while we had family here. Then she got very sleepy, I'll have to try another photo shoot with her dressed up and awake.



My parents stayed at my sister's house- she's about a mile away from me, and we all got together that night. I unfortunately didn't break out the camera much- I was a bit occupied.



A tradition in Michael's family is to run after the car when company leaves and bark like a dog. I like it, we started doing it with my family. The first time we tried it we got some strange looks.


Don't be mistaken by this photo, my mom hardly sat, she was working hard cleaning and cooking most of the time.


We love Maeleya! Thank you for the help, the gifts, and meals everyone!

3 comments:

Richelle said...

What a beautiful little girl. Many congratulations to you. I had to take a double look at your mom. You look so much like her.

Jodi Orgill Brown said...

Darling! Love the photos...want to see more pics of her! So glad you all survived and are getting into a new groove. :)

Anna said...

Mindy, she is BEAUTIFUL. I can't wait to see her in person.