Thursday, August 25, 2011

Tri Time


Michael was able to catch the last triathlon race in town. A good sprint tri that's a 500 meter swim, ten mile bike, and 3 mile run. I got there a little late and missed the swim, did I mention I have four kids now? I'm still getting the hang of it. We may have made it had I not needed to stop for gas.

He hardly did swim workouts and decided he'd take it easy in the water during the race so he'd have something left at the end. Taking it easy in the water turned out to mean a great time. His tall body and long fin like feet could have made him a Michael Phelps I think had he known back in the day.






I sent the kids after him at the end so they could cross the finish line together. Hopefully the officials didn't mind that. This race draws around 500, so what's a couple of kids at the end? He was just off from his great time last year, which I think is impressive since the first half of the year he spent all his spare time studying for boards. Way to go mikey-o!

I'm thinking for the next race we'll both have all the right gear. I'm going to make sure he has the shoe clip in things for the bike, proper running shoes, and swim goggles that aren't Ander's!


No comments: