Thursday, May 26, 2011

Reading Cafe

There was an open house at Kynlee's school this week. Each grade was doing something. The 1st graders had a Reading Cafe. I thought it was a cute idea- and I took a bunch of pictures. The kids served their family cookies and books. Kynlee wore a hat because she thought all servers wore hats. We got to pick from a list Kynlee had made with the story's description. While we munched on our cookie, Kynlee read us three books. Then she told me it would cost us a dollar- sneaky girl wanted to just pocket some money. It was just me and the boys- Michael was in Louisville getting ready for the big day.











I've been impressed with her school, I feel like they do a lot more than what I did in 1st grade- not that I totally remember it. Now I will boast a little about her for my mom. Each year the school tests a handful of advanced students from each grade so they can adjust curriculum to fit their needs. Kynlee was the only one from her class her teacher picked. It made me and Michael glow a bit- especially since I haven't felt like I've worked with her enough academically. We got her test results back recently. Her highest area was abstract thinking- mmmm, no surprise.

No comments: